September 29, 2011

Will you survive?

Game over. You did not survive.


These weren't the exact words, but I got a similar message after taking this Hunger Games test. For those of you who haven't heard about this book, you should read it. Well, read all three of them, actually. But, anyway, I did not survive the Hunger Games, according to this test. Why not? Because I am way too unagressive.

I spent the last ten minutes of science class listening to five guys talk about different types of guns. Exciting, huh? Not really, I honestly have no interest in firearms. Which is one of the reasons I would be one of the first to die in the infamous Hunger Games.

But, would I want to survive? Ignoring all the consequences the victor tributes in the book face, what would it be like to be a survivor? To know that 23 other kids died so that you could be the one to live. But is it really living if you have to drown out the memory of the people you helped murder?

And besides, I have to ask. Do you really just want to survive? Is surviving enough? In my opinion, I would much rather live. Really live. Taking every moment and living it to the fullest. I do not want to be a survivor.

What about you, will you survive?


2 comments:

Jo said...

I'd put survival first, and then live on, to live my life gloriously. Living is always worth it, notwithstanding the circumstances you may be facing or will have to face. To live, you have to survive first.

Candy Panda said...

I would die.