September 3, 2011

Free vs. Slave

"We can be free, but when we reach that point of freedom we should enslave ourselves to God."
Surprisingly, these words came from my own mouth. I was telling this to a friend as he was telling me he felt so free, but knew he could never be completely free. I was just replying, not spending too much thought on what I was saying, my mind was busy with more than myself. Yet, ever since I said those words, I'm realizing their thruth. I really do want to be a slave to my Lord. I want to be free from this messed up, evil world, but I don't want to be free from God. I want to give my life to Him. He should be the one who decides what each of my days will be like. I want my life to reflect Him, completely. I'm not saying it will be easy, but I want to be enslaved by Jesus.

3 comments:

January Galaxy said...

Too true. Being enslaved is a joy for the perfect Christian. At the point, our plans are His. But then again, who is perfect?

elfantasmita22 said...

Slavery in Christ Jesus..how odd huh?... who would have thought that slavery isn't always a bad thing...

Candy Panda said...

Sissy! I love it :) You sure have grown up. I can't wait to see where God will lead you. Keep writing for Him.