October 30, 2011

The Life of a Princess

"As you wish...!!!"
So comes the voice of Westley as he rolls down a hill after being pushed by his one true love, Buttercup. This is followed by her realization that the bandit she had just slapped was actually saving her. She then proceeds to tumble down after him. (I was meaning to insert a cute picture from the movie here, but due to some technical difficulties you will  simply have to google images of westley and buttercup.)
This is just one scene of The Princess Bride, one of my all time favorite movies. If you have seen it, then no doubt you share in my love of it, and if you haven't seen it, then you must immediately stop reading this blog and go find a friend who will let you borrow their DVD. At least look for as much of it as you can find on youtube. I gaurantee you will find it filled with swordfights, laugter, true love and other wonderful things.
Maybe it's just me, but I love those princess movies and chick flicks. I am one of those girls who loves to dress up and will wear a dress whenever I get a chance. My quince (fifteenth birthday party) was so great simply because I got to wear a big dress and crown and be called and treated like a princess.
This is for once, my own pictue. :) So, if you click there will be no link to follow.
Yet here comes the even better part: I don't have to pretend. I am a princess.
Possibly you are laughing at me right now, but I can assure you I am serious. My Father is a King. Not just any king, He is the King of Kings. He rules the whole world, and I was adopted into His family and am now His princess.
So, while it is a lot of fun to dress up like a princess and remake the trailer of Princess Bride, I don't have to pretend. I am a princess, and my Father is the King.

3 comments:

Andre Beren said...

Great post, and a good analogy! I like it.

Jo said...

While I like dresses, I usually show up in skirts and shorts which I adore because it feels so cooling. ;)

elfantasmita22 said...

hey now you posted a picture of yourself...As Andre said, a good analogy.